So you’ve just discovered your Scratch superpowers? What will you create with them? As with learning any new skill or language (or power!), practice makes progress, and this course is for kids who want to take their coding to the next level. Through a series of intermediate projects, by the end of this course, you’ll be ready for the next big coding challenge!
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- Conducted in person, at our classrooms. Hybrid arrangements can be made separately for kids who test positive for COVID-19, aren’t feeling well or are out on a Stay At Home Notice during the time of course. In addition, if your kid is under Health Risk Warning, please do administer the ART test and provide us with the results before you attend our classes. For both cases, please write in to us immediately for assistance.
- Requires Start with Scratch (either the online or offline)
- Apply coding concepts and real world themes to intermediate Scratch projects – build a chatbot, paint programme, and games
- Guided learning to practice coding concepts, develop kids’ confidence, and build their capacity as self-directed learners and coders
So you’ve just discovered your Scratch superpowers? What will you do next with them?
As with learning any new skill or language (or power!), practice makes progress. In this course, through 4 curated projects, kids deepen their coding skills, build their creative confidence, and develop a higher level of mastery to set them up as self-directed programmers and learners.
Here’s a sneak peek of what kids will get up to…
Program a personalised chatbot with Scratch.
Code a ‘Beat the Goalie’ football challenge!
Help your diver collect all the plastic trash in the ocean!
Try your hand at digital art, by creating your own Paintbox application!
And synergising your creativity and coding superpowers, you’ll also create your own project to share with your peers on the last day of class.
Keep the learnin’ going with this series of guided Scratch projects – our instructors will walk your kids through the process of building these fun projects and get their coding superpowers ready for the next challenge thrown their way!
The perfect intermediate follow-on course to the introductory Start with Scratch – Journeys in Scratch will keep kids’ enthusiasm for code going, and reinforce core programming concepts before they progress to advanced courses in Scratch.
Important note to parents:
Journeys in Scratch is an intermediate Scratch course – a strong foundation in Scratch (Start with Scratch or equivalent) is a prerequisite.
Participation in other programming and robotics courses (including non-Scratch Saturday Kids courses such as Marvelous Machines and Mechanisms, Code and Invent with micro:bit Block Editor, Bring Your Lego to Life with Code, and Mod & Hack 3D Games with Minecraft and Kodu) cannot count as fulfilling the Scratch prerequisite due to the very different concepts learnt in each class.
For online format, your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Should government regulations advise against in-person classes, this camp will be shifted online in an abridged 2h/day format. Students will receive an email with instructions to redeem offline Sandbox sessions. Sandbox is a hands-on, application-focused experience designed for them to apply what they’ve learned creatively.