‘Coding the Impossible 0, Part A: Foundations in Scratch’ is an introductory course into the world of programming for kids, designed with Saturday Kids’ unique pedagogy.
Kids will first get comfortable with the Scratch platform interface, where all the coding magic happens. Kids will be tapping on their innate creativity and get inspired while learning:
- To describe what is programming and events.
- To identify the correct code blocks to deploy for a specific purpose.
- To describe and deploy code to move sprites up/down/left/right.
- To independently build a project using the Cartesian Coordinate System.
The course also wraps up with kids brainstorming, creating and presenting their final project to the class. Along the way, they will also learn to articulate and learn crucial presentation skills that will benefit them later in their learning journey.
The stuff you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Scratch & its interface
- Describe what is coordinates
- Identify the differences between X and Y axis
- Describe how to move sprites correctly
- Understand and deploy loops (repeat, forever)
- Describe how clones are used and their correct usage circumstances
- Independently build a project based on these topics covered
- Suitable for Ages: 7-10
- Completes in: 8 hours in 4 weeks
- Class Size of: 6 (1:6 teacher student ratio)
- Price: SGD295 (U.P.) SGD265 (E.B. Special)
Upon completion of the course, the student would receive
- A digital certificate of completion of the course
- Video presentation of projects created by student