For Ages 5-6
Are you ready for the next chapter of your journey on Code Island? Buckle up because it’s going to be a wild ride, as we learn more advanced coding concepts to help the inhabitants of the island solve their problems!
- Suitable follow on course to Tots and Tech 2; Cross-listed as Tiny Travellers 2
- Explore more advanced possibilities of code and robotics tangibly with Sammy the Robot, and through block-based code via Hopscotch
- An advanced course for preschoolers to deepen their knowledge of computational thinking and programming
- Prepares preschoolers to take on more advanced block-based programming in Scratch
All you need to know
Hold on to your hats as we venture deeper into Code Island!
In the next chapter of your coding adventure, we will review all we’ve learned about coding and technology from our familiar friend, Sammy the Sandwich, and gain exposure to advanced programming concepts.
Applying their knowledge from Tots & Tech 2, preschoolers will befriend the diverse inhabitants of Code Island, and use their coding superpowers to help them solve their problems.
This time, learn how to program robots using gears and mechanisms. Use code to programme your robots to play different sounds and display various lights!
Delving deeper into advanced programming concepts like Conditionals, Variables and Functions, make good on your programming knowledge to see how you might be able to lend a helping hand the population of Code Island.
Afterwards, transit from tangible programming to the Hopscotch coding platform for kids, where you’ll code up games you’ll have a blast playin’ with your friends and family!
By the end of class, kids will not only have made a new robot friend, but will also have created their own animations or games that others can enjoy. And they’ll be all set to take on the more complex and more exciting world of block-based programming with Scratch, which they’ll get a peek into in Tots & Tech 4.
Oh! The stuff you'll learn
- More advanced coding, building, and robotics through a synergistic, thematic combination of tangible and on-screen activities
- Inspire confidence and familiarity with code by applying programming concepts with Hopscotch and Sammy the Robot
- Apply your programming knowledge to solve problems for the residents of Code Island
- Code up an animation of game for your friends and family on Hopscotch
Life skills you'll learn
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is this course suitable for?
2. My child is younger than 5. Can he / she join?
Unfortunately, we’re not able to accommodate kids under the age of 5.
3. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all equipment and materials, but you may want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case they get hungry.