Ready Set Python Module 0, [Ages 11-14], Jan 8 – Feb 26 (Sat 4:00PM) @ Bukit Timah
We can’t wait to see your curious kids in our classrooms for a creative coding adventure!
Book a programme by Dec 19th to save $60 – no code required.
Questions? Give us a ring at +65 3159 0980 or shoot us an email at [email protected] – we’d love to chat.
For Ages 11-14
Warm up & race off into the world of Python programming, where kids learn to create a bunch of fun projects in Python.
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- No prior programming knowledge is required.
- Equivalent to Back to Basics, kids who have completed it may start with Module 1.
- An introductory Python programming course focused on learning the Python syntax through design thinking and creation of projects.
All you need to know
Warming up with Python programming
Start off with Python programming language through the introductory course and learn the Python syntax as well as some basic concepts such as functions, loops, and variables. Experience good programming practice and design thinking as we learn through fun projects with Python!
Unraveling the power of binary
You can pretty much code anything with Python, but let’s start off with the basics by learning about binary code and how it works. Take a stab at figuring out how to convert binary numbers into code and vice-versa.
Create Games with Python
Implement concepts such as loops and conditionals to create simple games such as this Rock, Paper, Scissors game with Python Programming. Give it your own twist and add more features to each game to make it your own!
Oh! The stuff you'll learn
- Introduction to basic computer programming concepts, data types & binary code
- Python programming concepts like variables, assignments, booleans, comparison operators & conditionals
- Understanding functions and applying library/modules & loops in Python
- Introduction to design thinking concepts
Life skills you'll learn
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Course Outline by Day
Should government regulations advise against in-person classes, this class will be shifted online in an abridged 2h/day format. Students will receive an email with instructions to redeem offline Sandbox sessions. Sandbox is a hands-on, application-focused experience designed for them to apply what they’ve learned creatively.
For the online class format, your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- To create a Repl.it account before the first class – your child will be using this account for coding. Please create an account here.
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here. (For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
No prior programming experience is required to participate in this course!
2. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
Curiosity – an open heart and open mind! In addition, your child might like to bring a sweater, water, and snacks so they stay hydrated and comfortable. All equipment needed for the camp will be provided.