KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- A follow on course to Code Meets World 2
- An intermediate course focusing on the creative application of web technologies
- Discover how code can be used to make a real difference to global problems
- The 3rd of 4 sequential, intermediate modules around applying web-based technology to create tangible projects that make an impact
Now you’ve learned about sourcing, collating organising information by engineering websites including wikis, resumes and simple story-based games, what’s next?
In this module, expand your worldview and your programming toolbox, as we use code as our medium to dive into design and simulations with real data.
By the end of this module, you’ll have gained exposure to game development, data visualisation and you’ll be all equipped to use a multitude of instruments and mediums to share, substantiate and tell the story behind your big ideas.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
1. Who is this course suitable for?
This course is recommended for kids ages 11-14 who have programming experience and who have an interest in social and/or global issues.
2. What is Code Meets World?
Code Meets World is a progressive, year-long program comprising 4 terms of 8 weekly 2 hour classes. Students are required to complete one module before progressing to the next one as the curriculum is designed sequentially and progressively to develop kids’ skills and awareness holistically.
3. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need for class?
Classes will be conducted via Zoom conferencing (until further notice!). Your child will need a laptop/desktop computer with a webcam/video conferencing and their microphone enabled. We will be using password secured classrooms which will be locked once the class has begun.
Got More Questions?
Reach out to us →