Code a Chatbot, [Ages 7-10], Workshop Apr 30 (Sat 1:30PM – 3:30PM) @ Bukit Timah
We can’t wait to see your curious kids in our classrooms for a creative coding adventure!
Questions? Give us a ring at +65 3159 0980 or shoot us an email at [email protected] – we’d love to chat.
4 slot(s) left!
For Ages 7-10
Get ready to take your coding and creativity skills to the next level by building a chatbot on Scratch!
- Available in hybrid format (Online & Offline)
Parents can opt for the online format, up to a week before the start of workshop
- Suitable for beginners with no coding experience
- Kids will learn the basics of computational thinking and sequencing
- With block-based programming language, Scratch, they will learn to combine coding blocks to create a chatbot application.
All you need to know
Using a block-based programming language called Scratch, we’ll learn to apply the programming concept of ‘lists’ by engaging in a friendly conversation with Mr. Fox!
Join your friends in this short workshop where you get to create your own interactive story where players can “chat” with the characters, and scene.
Learn how to make the character’s responses change in the story according to your answer, and wow your friends and family at the different ways your story changes according to their responses!
For online format, your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 15 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
Oh! The stuff you'll learn
- Understand basic coding blocks of events, broadcast and looks
- Apply these concepts via coding chatbot project!
- Gain a deeper appreciation for programming
Life skills you'll learn
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Should government regulations advise against in-person classes, this workshop will be shifted online
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is younger than 7, can he join this course?
It is recommended that your child try their hand at one of our courses that is aimed at the 5 to 6 age group first.
2. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
Of course! This workshop is designed for students with no prior programming knowledge.
3. What if government regulations require this class to move online?
Should government regulations advise against in-person classes, this workshop will be shifted online.