Build, Hack & Code with Minecraft Education 2 , [Ages 7-10], May 30 – Jun 3 Holiday Camp (9:30AM-12:30PM) @ East Coast
We can’t wait to see your curious kids in our classrooms for a creative coding adventure!
Questions? Give us a ring at +65 3159 0980 or shoot us an email at [email protected] – we’d love to chat.
For Ages 7-10, 11-14
Continue building your coding journey with Minecraft Education! Learn more advanced programming concepts using Makecode’s Block Based coding and enchant your problem solving skills through this course.
This is a 5 day – 2 hour camp Minecraft Education course builds upon knowledge from Build, Hack and Code with Minecraft Education Part 1.
- Conducted in person, at our classrooms. Hybrid arrangements can be made separately for kids who test positive for COVID-19, aren’t feeling well or are out on a Stay At Home Notice during the time of course. In addition, if your kid is under Health Risk Warning, please do administer the ART test and provide us with the results before you attend our classes. For both cases, please write in to us immediately for assistance.
- *Requires completing the pre-requisite course, Build, Hack and Code with Minecraft Education.
- Recommended to bring a flash disk to export and download their created Minecraft Worlds (.mcworld file). 1 Minecraft World file ~ 1MB space.
All you need to know
Blast off into Space!
Model the way programs store and manipulate data by going on a journey through space and collecting rare blocks in Minecraft. Learn as you go progress and decorate the inside of your spaceship with materials and blocks you and your agent found. Develop plans that describe a sequence of events, goals and expected outcomes.
Collect and Research Space Specimens!
Code your agent to have them choose and mine the blocks that you need in dangerous environments. Collect rare blocks from each planet and analyze them as you progress through the course. Practice problem solving skills as you break down problems into smaller and manageable subproblems with code.
Work Together as Space Teams!
Work together with your peers and your trusty agent to solve and build new things in Minecraft in various environments. Try out the codes that you have learned and implement concepts that you know to create awesome builds together!
Oh! The stuff you'll learn
- Minecraft and a Scratch-like block-based code editor
- Reinforcing Loops and Conditionals
- Create programs that include sequences, events, loops and conditionals
- Facilitate the program development process by breaking down problems into smaller, manageable problems (Decomposing)
- Use debugging process effectively
- Exercise precision and attention to detail while solving coding coding puzzles
- Connect your world and play in Minecraft Education
Life skills you'll learn
Attention to Detail
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Course Outline by Day
Should government regulations advise against in-person classes, this camp will be shifted online in an abridged 2h/day format. Students will receive an email with instructions on how to redeem the offline Sandbox sessions in the future.
Sandbox is a hands-on, application-focused experience designed for them to apply what they’ve learned creatively.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
Build, Hack, and Code with Minecraft Education is required for your child to participate in this class.
2. Does my child need to have a Minecraft account in advance?
No, during the days of the course, we will be providing your child with the access to Minecraft Education.
3. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
For offline format, nothing else other than their enthusiasm! You may also wish to pack a jacket, some light snacks and a bottle of water for consumption during our break time.