For Kids aged 5-6
Take it to the next level by not just learning concepts, but also applying these concepts to complex puzzles, competing in teams & putting their creative spin to their very own project
- Apply & evolve their knowledge of Tangible & On-Screen Programming
- Let your creativity fly by creating their own project
- Requires Tiny Techies 1: Take Off with Beebot, littleBits & Scratch Jr
Oh! The stuff you'll learn
Broken down into concepts for MAXIMUM learnin'
- Refresh & Reinforce Programming Concepts
- Use sequencing & functions to programme your own dance
- Test yourself against increasingly complex puzzles in the Beebot Arena
- Debug & Fix the plan to get BeeBot home free
- Race against the other team to get Beebot Home
- Loop the loop in Scratch Jr
- Project Time: Creating your own animation with multiple sprites
- Presentation time: On your last day, share with your parents what you’ve learnt!
Life skills you'll learn
Skills that last a lifetime
Saturday Kids don't learn to code. They code to learn.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Parents love us
Children from our camp enjoyed themselves exploring and learning what the different animation tools could do for them. They were particularly excited to see their own creations come alive.
I've been meaning to write to you to let you know that my son loved his workshop with Saturday Kids in June and I will be enrolling my daughter too for the beginners course that you are doing in October
It is wonderful to hear their enthusiasm and excitement when they talk about their Scratch classes, the words epic and awesome are frequently used!
Your kid will love it.
If your kid doesn't think it's the best thing ever after the attending the first 2 days, we'll issue you a credit note for 50% of the course fee. No questions asked.
- 1:6 Maximum Instructor-Student Ratio
- All equipment & materials provided
- Open source tools: Continue the learning at home!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
Tiny Techies 2: Flying High with BeeBot & Scratch Junior course is the next step up from Tiny Techies 1: Taking off with Beebot, littleBits & Scratch Jr. We highly recommend your child start with Tiny Techies 1 if he or she is new to programming.
2. My child is younger than 5. Can he / she join?
Tiny Techies 2: Flying High with BeeBot & Scratch Jr is recommended for 5-6 year olds. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 4 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
3. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all equipment and materials, but you may want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case he/she gets hungry.