For Kids aged 7-10
Build a machine with Lego Wedo and Programme it with Scratch to create a mechanical masterpiece!
If you love playing with Lego, then you’ll love this course! Learn the engineering concepts of how Belt, Pulleys, and Cam work together. Afterward, construct different animals using Lego and animating them using Scratch to see your lego masterpiece come to life!
- Basic Introduction into the world of Engineering, Coding & Robotics
- Requires Start with Scratch: Adventures in Time or Equivalent block-based programming experience
- For ages 7 to 13
All you need to know
Delve into the whimsical world of robotics and coding while traveling through the animal kingdom and helping its inhabitants prepare for a smashing jungle party while avoiding the hungry alligator!
Create Lego creations and code them using block-based programming through the Scratch platform.
Learn how pulleys, gears and sensors work as we observe the amazing mechanisms behind our creations and create an accompanying story or game to go along with it!
What are you waiting for? The jungle adventure awaits you adventurer!
Oh! The stuff you'll learn
Broken down into concepts for MAXIMUM learnin'
- Basic Digital Literacy
- Review of Scratch
- How Pulleys and Belt work together
- How Belt, Pulleys and Cam work together
- Understanding of Servos, Tilt sensors and Distance Sensors
- Constructing different animals using Lego and animating them using Scratch.
Life skills you'll learn
Skills that last a lifetime
Saturday Kids don't learn to code. They code to learn.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Parents love us
Children from our camp enjoyed themselves exploring and learning what the different animation tools could do for them. They were particularly excited to see their own creations come alive.
I've been meaning to write to you to let you know that my son loved his workshop with Saturday Kids in June and I will be enrolling my daughter too for the beginners course that you are doing in October
It is wonderful to hear their enthusiasm and excitement when they talk about their Scratch classes, the words epic and awesome are frequently used!
Your kid will love it.
If your kid doesn't think it's the best thing ever after attending the first 2 days of holiday camps (or first 3 weeks of term classes), and would like to withdraw, we'll issue you a 50% credit note of the amount paid.
- 1:6 Maximum Instructor-Student Ratio
- All equipment & materials provided
- Open source tools: Continue the learning at home!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
It is highly recommended that the child has prior background in block based programming.
2. My child is younger than 7. Can he / she join?
It is recommended that your child try their hand at one of our courses that are aimed at the 5 to 6 age group.
3. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all equipment and materials, but you may want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case he/she gets hungry.