During each week, kids will first kick start their adventure by exploring our Science syllabus that is aligned with MOE’s Science Syllabus. Then, we’ll bring these Science concepts into Scratch’s interface – and kids will get to code up projects based off what was taught. Here’s what to expect during this bootcamp:
Yummy scrumptious food:
- Learn about the world’s interconnected systems – A journey through the food chain.
- Understand answers to questions like: Why do we feel healthy and strong when we eat? Where does all our energy come from? How do plants and animals receive energy? What is their primary source?
- Combine the science concepts with programming concepts like algorithms and sequencing.
- Build awesome animations in Scratch that explain how energy travels to end up in our favourite foods.
Flourishing of plants on Planet Earth:
- Understand the science behind plant life on Earth – The flourishing of plants on Planet Earth.
- What enables plants to flourish on Planet Earth? Learn all about the 5 growth stages in a plant’s life cycle.
- Learn all about the different parts of a young plant and how each feature enables it to grow into a full tree.
- Use Scratch to interact with and create with the new science concepts your child has learnt
- Code up your own plant to life.
- Code up an interactive seed sorting game. Then, play it afterwards.
- Animate your own wheat farm to life.
Our body and us:
- Understand what happens in our bodies and our respiratory system when we breathe air in and out.
- Understand what happens to our food after we eat it.
- Recreate our respiration and digestive systems as animations through coding on Scratch.
The stuff you’ll learn:
- Bring the science you learn in school to life by integrating it with coding, and seeing how it’s applicable in real life.
- Learn about a variety of science and engineering professions, what they do, and the related science topics.
- Visit different parts of the world to see science in action.
- Build coding projects in Scratch to visualise and explore your understanding of Science topics.
- Learn to set goals, identify knowledge gaps and list steps to achieve your goals.
- Practice defining problems and improving projects based on feedback.
- Suitable for Ages: 7-10
- Completes in: 8 hours in 4 weeks
- Class Size of: 6 (1:6 teacher student ratio)
- Price: SGD295 (U.P.) SGD265 (E.B. Special)
Upon completion of the course, the student would receive
- A digital certificate of completion of the course
- Video presentation of projects created by student