‘Coding the Impossible: Foundations in Block-based Code, Module 1, Part A’ is a continuation of the introductory course into the world of programming for kids, designed with Saturday Kids’ unique pedagogy.
Kids will first get comfortable with the Scratch platform interface, where all the coding magic happens. Kids will be tapping on their innate creativity and get inspired while learning:
- To apply core programming concepts in recreations of classic games
- To identify key Game Design elements: Space, Components, Mechanics, Goals and Rules
- To reinforce their understanding of Broadcast and Variables
- To breakdown and recreate Pong, Beyblade and Fidget Spinner games on Scratch
At the end of the course, they would have 3 new projects to add to their portfolio! Along the way, they will also learn to articulate and learn crucial presentation skills that will benefit them later in their learning journey.
- Suitable for Ages: 7-10
- Completes in: 8 hours in 4 weeks
- Class Size of: 6 (1:6 teacher student ratio)
- Price: SGD295 (U.P.) SGD265 (E.B. Special)
Upon completion of the course, the student would receive
- A digital certificate of completion of the course
- Video presentation of projects created by student