1. My Child is new to computers and programming. Will he/she be able to follow?
Of course! Most of our students come in with no prior programming knowledge and they can still make awesome projects at the end of the day.
2. My child has done some Scratch programming at school but has not attended any courses. I'm unsure if my child should join the intermediate level.
If you’re not too sure how much your child knows about Scratch programming, email us a link to your child's Scratch profile and we can take a look and advise you.
3. What if my kid has already taken the Beginner's Scratch Programming course and wants to move on to Intermediate Scratch?
Since our Beginner's and Intermediate Scratch courses have been combined you may be wondering how to sign up for the Intermediate class if you've already taken the Beginner's class.
Not to worry, our March Holiday camps are just around the corner ;) You can sign up for our Immediate Scratch Course right here. Alternatively, you can join in any of our Scratch Foundation courses from weeks 5-8 where we go through level 2 of the course. Just select the Scratch Foundation Level 2 ticket type and we’ll see you straight in the Intermediate part of the course!
4. What if my kid has already taken the Intermediate Scratch Programming course and wants to move on to Advanced Scratch?
We don't have any Advanced Scratch courses lined up at the moment but we do have a Scratch Elective Course coming up real soon! In this course, we'll be putting your kids' Scratch programming skills to the test by teaching kids about gaming and animation.
5. My child is younger than 7. Can he / she join?
Scratch was designed for 7-16 year olds but is used by people of all ages. Sadly, having a 6 year old in the same class as a 12 year old may not result in the best learning environment for the younger student. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 4 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
6. I've enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We'll provide all materials. You might wish to bring a drink, some light snacks and a jacket just in case your child gets cold or hungry. We'll give the class breaks in between so your child can take that time to sip on some juice and munch on those yummy crackers.